Sunday, June 13, 2010

After another sleepless night of tossing and turing, pacing around the house, trying to sleep in my recliner, I decided to look up why I was having such bad heart burn. The day before I was so afraid to eat I hardly ate anything at all. I guess my preggo hormones are relaxing my sphincter and allow all my digestive juices back up my esophagus. Also it could be that the uterus is pressing against my esophageal area. It's all super uncomfy/painful. I'm tired and I want to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. I did come across an interesting little article relating heart burn to newborn hair. John Hopkins did a study that showed 82 % of women polled who had moderate to severe heartburn gave birth to babies with extra-thick hair, and 83% of the women with no heart burn symptoms gave birth to babies with little or no hair at all. The same hormone that relaxes my sphincter also promotes hair growth. Emory might be coming out with a full head of hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment